Mon, Wed and Fri 8.45am – 4.30pm
Consulting times may vary at different times of the year.
For Muscular, Joint and Body Wellbeing
The JCUHealth Physiotherapy Clinic provides services to the community as well as staff and students of JCU. Clients are treated by JCU physiotherapy students in their 3rd and 4th years of the Physiotherapy Program.
The supervising Clinical Educators are fully qualified Physiotherapists and are present at all times during client assessment to supervise and guide students in their treatment of clients.
The JCUHealth Physiotherapy Clinic is committed to providing high quality musculoskeletal physiotherapy services to all its clients. The physio clinic is a training facility incorporating up to date methods for treating all musculoskeletal conditions.
The clinic provides:
– Self-management strategies
For the full range of musculoskeletal conditions including:
- Neck and back pain
- Chronic lower back conditions
- Arthritis conditions such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Pregnancy related pain or discomfort
- Sporting injuries
- Muscle sprains/strains & joint injuries
- Before and after orthopaedic surgery
- Upper and lower limb injuries and conditions
- Pain, weakness, stiffness of joints
- General reconditioning
What should you bring with you?
- Any relevant scans or imaging related to the condition being treated
- Your Doctor’s referral – if applicable
- A set of shorts if you are being seen for back or lower limb condition
The average time for your first consultation will be one and a half hours.
Who is Eligible?
The JCUHealth Physiotherapy Clinic provides services to those who would have difficulty accessing physiotherapy in any other way.
Clients who have a Third Party Claim for motor vehicle accident or are able to claim through Workcover are INELIGIBLE to attend the clinic. Everyone else is welcome, including those with private health insurance.
All clients pay an administration fee of $10 per visit (fees subject to change).
No referral necessary – contact JCUHealth Reception to make an appointment – 4781 4495 .
What can you expect from the JCUHealth Physiotherapy Clinic?
Physiotherapists are health professionals who are trained to assess and treat the underlying causes of conditions altering the movement of the body. Physio students are trained to provide:
- Quality assessment, treatment and client education including self-management strategies for your condition
- At the first assessment a plan that can collaboratively address the management of your condition.
Physiotherapy Clinic Staff
- Helen Land – Clinical Educator, Clinic Director
- Jade Williams – Clinical Educator
- Sara Winter – Clinical Educator
JCUHealth home page