About the clinic
The JCUHealth Exercise Physiology Clinic specialises in providing quality exercise and lifestyle behaviour services, catering to clientele with chronic disease, health conditions and injury.
Run by experienced Accredited Exercise Physiologists, you can expect to be provided with high quality care to manage your medical conditions, as well as change unhealthy behaviours, in a safe, caring and friendly environment.Back to sub-menu
- Health and fitness assessments
- Exercise prescription
- Exercise-based management for a wide range of chronic conditions
- Group exercise and individualised programs
- Information and education sessions
- The Clinic also offers professional services, expertly provided by our Accredited Exercise Physiologists. For information related to costs, differences between our services and what options are available to you, please contact our friendly staff in the Exercise Physiology Clinic.
Conditions that are improved by exercise
– Coronary Artery Disease
– Post cardiac events
– Peripheral Vascular Disease
– Diabetes Mellitus
– Metabolic Syndrome
– Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
– Cystic Fibrosis
Mental Health Conditions
– Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
– Back Pain
– Soft tissue injury
– Brain Injury
– Multiple sclerosis
– Cerebral Palsy
– Parkinson’s Disease
Renal FailureBack to sub-menu
$15 for any face to face consultation with our Exercise Physiology Students, which will involve interview and/or health and fitness based assessment which will result in recommendation about lifestyle modification and/or exercise prescription. Follow-up and/or review consultations may be required and will be discussed as a part of any ongoing recommendations for health improvement.
$10 for supervised gym use. The clinic also houses a gym with equipment appropriate for most chronic medical conditions, and this is open for use by JCUHealth Exercise Physiology Clinic clients. The gym space is supervised at all times by staff and students, so support is always at hand when needed.
The Clinic offers a range of group exercise classes tailored to different functional levels and fitness. Our groups are fun and inclusive, focusing on improving cardiovascular health, bone health, balance and function. Participation in our ExerciseGroups is $5 per session.
Fees subject to change.Back to sub-menu
Please complete and submit the JCU Exercise Physiology Referral. A JCUHealth Exercise Physiology staff member will then contact you directly to organise a suitable consultation time with your Exercise Physiologist.
This health service can be accessed through treating health professional referrals, or self referrals.
Other Referral Types:
Other referral types are accepted including Medicare –Chronic Disease Management Plans and referrals through other government-based compensation schemes. To access these services, referrals have to be from the treating doctor using the appropriate referral forms. Pricing schedules and services provided under these schemes are specific for this population and more information can be obtained from discussion with Exercise Physiology clinic staff.Back to sub-menu
Exercise Physiology Clinic Staff
- Lisa Simmons – Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Clinic Leader
- Brian Heilbronn – Accredited Exercise Physiologist and Clinical Educator
- Sally Smart – Accredited Exercise Physiologist and Clinical Educator
- Alisa Zimmerman – Accredited Exercise Physiologist and Clinical Educator