The JCU Physiotherapy Better Balance program is a six-week group exercise program, designed to help improve an individual’s balance, confidence and overall mobility. It provides an opportunity to exercise in an air-conditioned fun, social, and safe environment whilst under the close guidance of physiotherapists and physiotherapy students.
Who: anyone aged 60 years and over
When: Tuesday or Friday afternoon (2pm – 4pm) for 6 weeks
Where: JCUHealth, Level 1 , Clinical Practice Building
Cost: $5 each session (includes afternoon tea)
What does the program include?
- Six weeks of a physiotherapist supervised exercise program designed to strengthen leg muscles and improve balance
- Program run in a well-lit, air-conditioned environment
- A personalized take-home booklet of exercises with exercise checklist
- Afternoon tea
- Optional notification to your GP of your participation and improvement(s)
What do I need?
- Comfortable, loose fitting clothing suitable for exercise
- Closed in shoes (preferred)
- Water bottle (water supplied if forgotten)
- Any medications required during this time (e.g. asthma puffer)
To register or receive more information please contact:
Carla Dyson on 4781 3635 or Chris Myers on 4781 5630
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org